Wednesday, May 13, 2015

An Atlanta police detective says she was retaliated against for blowing the whistle on other officers stealing during a crime bust



16 year veteran Charron Walters says the incident stemmed from a 2011 chop shop investigation on Regina Drive. Walters says, while serving thesearch warrant, she saw investigators steal car parts, from a truck.
“I’m trained to recognize crime, I know what I recognized that day, they asked me about it, I spoke up about it,” Detective Charron Walters said. “They asked me specifically who did you see take the items, and I had to tell them who I saw take the lights.”
Since, reporting the allegations to the Office of Professional Standards, Walters says she has faced backlash, has been transferred four times and is now off the streets on a desk job, filling open records requests.

Read more here...


No comments: